My Mama's Nachos...{A pan of pure deliciousness!!}



These were a family favorite when I was a kid, and now I love making them for my family! These nachos are both sweet and salty, super easy and inexpensive to make (I bought all the ingredients for $7 at Winco). They are almost like a casserole and they are filling enough to stand alone as a meal for four.

I have had some people say that pork and beans sound so weird for nachos, but just trust me on this, they are always a huge hit--even with the skeptics! {also, my mom recently told me that she now puts black beans in with the other beans and they love it like that.}

My Mama's Nachos:
  • 1 lb. hamburger or ground turkey, browned, drained and seasoned (if desired)
  • 1 can re-fried beans
  • 1 can pork and beans
  • 1 bag tortilla chips
  • 1-2 C. shredded cheese (I used Monterrey/jack)
Spread chips in an even layer onto a cookie sheet. Combine the re-fried beans and pork and beans in a microwavable bowl, heat and stir in 1 minute increments until they are steaming. 
Stir meat {after it has been browned} into warm bean mixture.
Pour bean/meat mixture evenly over chips.
Sprinkle cheese over chips until beans are covered.
Place under broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

Top with olives, salsa, sour cream, onions, tomatoes or whatever your little heart desires! The only downside is that they do not make good leftovers, so you're just to going to have to finish them all up! I usually only use half the chips and half the bean/meat mixture at one meal, and then put the rest of the bean/meat mixture in the fridge to have with chips for lunch the next day.
Enjoy! 




Don't forget to 'pin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!