The ugly refrigerator.

Today was one of those days that I didn't get very much done, but I was able to solve one issue that had been really frustrating me lately, the way the outside of my fridge looks (let's not even discuss what it looks like on the inside). I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but my fridge can become such an eye sore. I never have enough magnets to keep everything stuck on it, stuff falls off when I open the door, and just when I get everything to kinda stay, my 1 year old runs by and pulls it all off or knocks it onto the floor. Frustrated, I just throw all the stuff on top of the fridge. Well, my mom had this idea, I stole it from her and thought I would share it with y'all. It isn't revolutionary or anything, just could be one of those times when you might say to yourself, "Why didn't I think of that?" It also could be that I'm the last person on the planet to think of doing this...or, maybe no one else has this problem, or maybe my mom and I are the only ones who actually care what the outside of our fridge looks like. Whatever the case may be, here is the solution I used to rid myself of this annoying problem. I wish I would have taken a before picture, but I guess I just saved myself the embarrassment of showing you how bad it looked. ;)

What you will need:
Sticky Magnetic Tape
Scissors
Whatever it is you want to put on your fridge
Magnet Tape is easy to use and very affordable (I got mine in the kids craft section at WalMart). Keep it somewhere in your kitchen to conveniently use when you want to display something on your fridge.


Cut a piece for whatever size you need, it doesn't have to be pretty, no one will see it. 

Place the magnet tape sticky side down on the back of your picture (or whatever you are putting on the fridge).
Put it on your fridge, and you're done, easy peasy! You can attach the magnet tape to just about everything you could ever want on your fridge, I even added it to the back of my personalized calendar that I got for Christmas. It makes my whole kitchen look more organized, nothing falls off when I open or close the fridge, and if my toddler pulls anything off, he is able to clean up his own mess and put it back the way it was (sorta). I also scrubbed the outside down with a magic eraser and it is whiter than I thought it was. :) You can use the tape for many other things, I will be posting a DIY Clean/Dirty sign for the dishwasher soon, which I used magnet tape for. You can also use it on your washer and dryer, I put a magnetized timer on our dryer to help me remember to check the washer for that last load that I always seem to leave in there until it smells like old cheese. Comment below if you have already done this, or if you have another creative way to store/display items on your fridge! :) Have a great day!! 

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who was paranoid about what my fridge looks like! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!