Mexican Pizza {Super Easy & Husband Approved!}



As I have mentioned before, my husband loves Mexican food, but we also enjoy a good pizza, I mean, who doesn't? So, I figured, why not put them together? I have seen a few recipes for Mexican pizza on Pinterest, but I just decided to do it my way and put the kinda goey, saucy, yummy stuff that we like on it...plus, if you've been following my blog at all, you probably know by now, I'm a mom of the lazy variety. I like to spend the least amount of time in the kitchen (or really anywhere doing anything one might classify as 'work')  as necessary. I would much rather be playing in my toddler's circus tent, cuddling my baby or watching 'Once Upon a Time' with my husband, than cooking, not to mention all the other things I have to get done in the day. For me, cooking, baking and prep time need to be kept to a minimum. At the same time, the food I do prepare has to be yummy and it is also nice if the amount of clean-up is close to none! Last but not least, I always want to get the stamp of approval from the husand, and this Mexican Pizza always does! So if you're anything like me and want fast, delicious and easy...then you better 'pin' this recipe!! :) The best thing about this recipe, is you can use really whatever toppings you like. My toppings of choice this time were hamburger (about 1lb.), caned green chilies, bell pepper, olives, green onions, and cherry tomatoes (my husband doesn't like tomatoes, so since I only cut enough for my portion, I like to get cherry  tomatoes, yummy!) To make it saucy and give it a kick, I use refried beans, and a taco sauce/ranch dressing concotion, Then of course, what pizza isn't complete without a lot of cheese!



Now, remember, I do things the easy way. So, if you wanted to hear how to make your own homemade pizza dough or sauce, then I am sorry to disappoint you, but you're reading the wrong blog! I love this canned dough, it is delicious and completely ready to go on your pizza pan or cookie sheet.


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Open your dough and spread it onto a cookie sheet or pizza pan, you will want to try to spread it out as even as possible, but trust me, it doesn't have to look pretty, just try to get the air bubbles out if you can. You can use a smaller pan or cookie sheet if you like your dough a bit thicker. 


While your oven is pre-heating, is a good time to whip up your sauce...which is simply ranch dressing and taco sauce mixed together...I told you, it doesn't get any easier than this! (Thanks to my friend Katie for turning me on to this sauce/dressing concoction!) We also use this sauce on Taco Salad and burritos. Yummmmy!
1/4 C. Taco Sauce + 1/2 C. Ranch  
&
 stir together.


While your dough is in the oven, brown your meat. This time, I used hamburger because it was on sale, I usually try to use ground turkey, shredded chicken might also be yummy. If you want to use seasoning on your meat, then season away! I love Taco Bell Taco Seasoning, so I used half a packet this time.


You will want to have both your hamburger and your sauce ready by the time your dough is done pre-baking. When the dough is done, it should look like this: 


It looks so good, I could eat it just plain!

You will want to put the toppings on your pizza quickly, while the dough and your meat are still hot, plus you will need to leave your oven on while you get the pizza ready to put back in. First, spread the re-fried beans over the dough.


Next, pour your delicious sauce on top of the beans and spread.


Now, spread on your green chilies, a layer of cheese and a handful of green onions. 


Next, pile on the hamburger and olives, a drizzle more of sauce, (if you like it really saucy) and sprinkle with another layer of cheese.




Now your pizza is ready to go back in the oven! 



Once your pizza is all brown and the cheese is melted, remove from oven and add your tomatoes, bell peppers and any other toppings you have chosen to add after baking.  I only put tomatoes on half because my hubby is crazy and doesn't like them.


At the very end, I like to sprinkle on some Taco Sauce for an extra kick.
We also topped ours with Sour Cream! 

 And there you have it! Super easy and oh, so yummy! We had this two nights ago, plus leftovers yesterday and I am already craving it again after writing this! 
 Enjoy!



Easy Mexican Pizza   
Ingredients
1 Can Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust Dough  
1/4 C. Taco Sauce                                      
1/2 C. Ranch Dressing                                  
1 Can Re-Fried Beans                            
1 Can Green Chilies                                      
1/4 C. Chopped Green Onion                      
1 Can Sliced Olives
1 lb. Hamburger or ground turkey
2 C. Shredded Cheese
1/4 C. Sliced Tomatoes
1/4 C. Sliced Bell Pepper
Taco Sauce for garnishing (optional)
Sour Cream for garnishing (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Open pizza dough and spread on cookie sheet, set aside. Mix Taco Sauce and Ranch Dressing together, set aside. Once oven is preheated, pre-bake pizza dough for 8 minutes. While dough is in oven, brown hamburger and season if desired. Immediately after taking dough out of the oven, spread with re-fried beans, Taco/Ranch sauce mixture, green chilies, hamburger, olives, green onions and one more layer of cheese. Return to oven for 6-10 minutes, or until dough is dark brown and cheese is melted and bubbly. Top finished pizza with tomatoes, bell peppers and a few dashes of taco sauce, if desired. Enjoy!




6 comments:

  1. that looks SOOOOOOOOOO good, it's making me hungry! I will definitely try it. I'm going to pin it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Allie! Let me know what you put on it and if you and your hubby like it! :)

      Delete
  2. I love watching Once Upon A Time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, and we still haven't watched last weeks!! I'm dying! ;)

      Delete
  3. Your husband is like his father in regards to tomatoes. He has never liked them. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!